Friday, September 2, 2011

One man's trash....



....is another man's treasure!

  My mother-in-law is the queen of finding deals at thrift stores and garage sales.
I decided to check out our local thrift store. I don't think my findings will score me anything on "Antique's Road Show", However i'm happy with my first purchase.
- J Crew Belt
- "The Little Prince" book
For months I have been checking out this bracelet at Target. When I saw the J Crew Belt at the thrift store, I knew I was going to try and recreate this bracelet.

So I found a Handy Man to drill a hole in the middle of this belt, so that it will now be a good size for a bracelet.

I then had my handy man cut to the perfect length.

Ok, so its not exactly like the one from Target. However this bracelet only cost $2.00

And my little prince got a cute book for $0.50! Can't wait to read it to him when he is a bit older.




1 comment:

bosu said...

Great find and greater idea! Wow! Turned out great! Go for a big buckle and see how that looks! Very cool! Can't wait to get there and go scrounging with you!