Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chia Seeds!



I recently learned about Chia Seeds. There are many different benefits of eating Chia Seeds.


Top 5 Reason Why I Tried Them Today:
1. Chia seeds contain more antioxidants than blueberries.
2. They add healthy omega-3 oil into your diet.
3. Feel more energized all day long.
4. Chia seeds reduce food cravings.

5. By just asking 2 tables spooks of Chia Seeds to your daily diet you will get 7 grams of fiber, 4 grams of fiber, 205 milligrams of calcium, and 5 grams of omega-3!


My new favorite blog today had a post about Chia Seed Pudding. I decided to try it. So easy, very tasty, and good for you!


3/4 Chia Seeds

2 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk

1 teaspoon of vanilla

1/2 cup finly chopped coconut


Mix all together, let sit for 5 minutes. The Chia Seeds will thicken up/gel into a pudding consistency. It had a similar consistency of tapioca pudding.
It was actually very good! Casey was not a fan. He said he liked the flavor, however could not get past the texture. Lets hope Colton likes them. However I'm not sure he needs any extra energy throughout the day.

1 comment:

Ashes said...

I won chai seeds from another blog but have only put them in my smoothies- maybe I'll try this- it looks good.