Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tahini Honey Oatmeal Cookies

With the left over Tahini (ground up sesame seeds) I decided to make Tahini Cookies. I looked on allrecipes.com and could not find one that I liked. I looked in my pantry and came up with my own recipe. They passed the husband test. So I decided to share with all! Enjoy! Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees


Ingredients:


2 1/4 C Flour

1 t Baking Soda

1 t Salt

1 C (2 sticks) softened Butter

3/4 C Granulated Sugar

3/4 C Brown Sugar

2 Large Eggs

1/2 C Tahini

1/4 C Honey

1 C Coconut

3/4 C Sliced Almonds

1 T Cinnamon


Makes 30 cookies.

1. Mix together Flour, Baking Soda, & Salt.

2. In a separate bowl mix together softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, tahini, honey, & cinnamon.
3. Once creamy add the eggs and mix well.
4. Now add the dry mixture a bit at a time to the dry mixture and mix well.



5. Add oatmeal, coconut & almonds. Mix well.


6. Spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (don't mind my beat up cookie sheet)

7. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.



8. Enjoy!


I actually submitted my recipe to Allrecipie.com. My first time submitting a recipe! Very exciting. You can check it out here. I hope you like them!

No comments: