Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Week

So I have a confession to make....  I don't watch the news... or read the news paper... or go to news websites. But if you want to know what is going on with Thomas the Train, or the Wonder Pets; then I'm your girl!

A few months back someone asked me "So what are your thoughts on the debt ceiling?" In my head I was like "ummm i'm not really sure, i kind of know what you are talking about, but I don't have an opinion".

My answer was "well I just have to put my trust in the elected officials to make the right decision".

That ended the conversation, because I'm pretty sure the person asking the question realized that I didn't have an opinion.

I decided that I need to learn more about more about what is going on in the world.

I don't have time to watch the news in the morning, I won't listen to news radio ( I enjoy my books on CD too much), and I know I won't read the newspaper everyday.

So I decided on The Week magazine. This magazine comes every week (imagine that).

According to Wikipedia:
It provides a digest of the week's news and editorial commentary from global media to provide readers with multiple political viewpoints. In addition to news and opinion, the magazine also covers science, business and the arts.

I have been receiving The Week for about 2 months now and look forward to reading it each week.



2 comments:

Ashes said...

So what are your thoughts on Obama's jobs plan?

shaynstubbs said...

Maybe I should get that...I never have time for the news...too busy watching Sprout...