Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Salvation Army Children's Christmas Concert!

So when I think of The Salvation Army, I think of bell ringers at Christmas time.
My parents actually volunteered to ring a bell in Mississippi this year. See picture above.
The Salvation Army is much more than bell ringers, it is a Church.
I had no idea of this until meeting my neighbors Shayna and Tarey.
I was invited to Tulsa's Salvation Army Children's Christmas Concert. It was wonderful.
 My neighbor Shayna organized the entire thing.
Not only was it a concert, but they transformed the entire church to a market;
complete with beggars, and vendors.
I even got to see the manger!
The kids were great!! 
And I got to hang out with Baby Lane!! Such a sweet baby!!

The History of The Salvation Army is quite interesting.
If you would like more information on the history of The Salvation Army, please click here. 

Shayna you did a great job putting on this production!

No comments: