Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feeling Inspired!

 This last week I was in Dallas/Ft. Worth for a work meeting. I typically don't talk about work on my blog, and I wont be going into details; but I left the meetings feeling inspired and excited for my future in 2012 and beyond.
Our meeting was in the ballroom of The Texas Motor Speedway. What a great view. I have never been to a Nascar event, so i was a bit surprised on how BIG the track actually was.
We had a lot of great speakers and I feel motivated to do more within my position.
 We were taught lots of great tips for selling, relationship building, and growth.

We talked about setting goals, writing them down and telling someone.

I have never actually had a new years resolution but for 2012
 I would like to set some  personal professional goals:

1. Understand better what is going on globally and locally. 
2. Enhance my "language" skills.
                 - Public Speaking
                 - Professional appearance
                 - take a language course
3. Self Education
                - Included non-fiction work related books in my 26 book goal for 2012
                - Take Supply Chain Management course/courses

1 comment:

Ashes said...

you should join Toastmasters! you'll love it- i swear. It is a positive way to learn to speak publicly.