Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Book Goal Accomplished!!

My goal for 2011 was to read more. I really enjoy reading, but have not had the time in recent years to read. Life kind of got in the way. I made it a goal to read 26 books in 2011. That's around 1 book every two weeks.

I'm happy to say that not only did i meet my goal, but i read 38 books in 2011!!

Here are some of my favorites from the year:


1. Gone With The Wind  by Margaret Mitchel
2. The Other Boleyn Girl  by Philippa Gregory
3. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt  by Beth Hoffman
4. Once Upon a River  by Bobbie Jo Campbell
5. The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak
6. The Help  by Kathryn Stockett
7. The Distant Hours  by Kate Morton
8. The Thorn Birds  by Colleen McCullough

If you want to see the rest of the books I read in
 2011 you can check out my Shelfari profile here.

I have decided to keep the same goal of 26 books for 2012. I think that is a reasonable goal.
 I never felt that reading was taking my time away from my family or work life. I would like to keep it that way for 2012.

I'm always open for book recommendations!!!

2 comments:

Ashes said...

I've only read 2 of the 8 you recommend. I'm so excited to read the others now!

Lisa said...

I just noticed this post! I can't wait to read some of these!