Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Polar Bear Plunge!

I ran/swam Tulsa's Polar Bear Plunge on Jan 1st, 2012! My co-worker above has done it the last 4 years and talked me into it! I'm glad I did it, but it was SOOO cold!
 The race was 2 miles, and 3 pools!
We were given a little liquid courage before the run, I'm not sure it worked!
As you can see the pool temps were COLD!! In the 30's!!!
No pictures were taken of me jumping into the pools :(
Actually I'm sure that is a good thing, who knows what kind of funny face I was making.
 Colton was excited to wear my metal after the race.
 Getting ready to cross the finish line! At this point my body was numb! I was ready to change into warm dry clothes.
 My little Polar Bear!
My cheerleaders!

I have not decided if I want to do this again next year. The water was colder than I expected. I mean I expected it to be cold, but I didn't expect my body to freak out. Other people seemed to be fine in the cold water, where I felt like I could hardly move. Right now I don't think I will be running it, but who knows how I'll feel in a year from now.

No comments: