Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pomegranate season is here!!

I look forward to the holidays for many reasons and Pomegranates fall top on my list!
Pomegranates always remind me of my mom. She would pack the seeds in our lunches growing up. I remember my friends looking at me strange and wondering what I was about to eat.
Now it seems everyone knows about pomegranates and I can find them everywhere!!! 
I have been opening and eating them since a child, so I wanted to share the best way I get the seeds out.
Step 1: Cut the top off.
Step 2: Score the pomegranate 5 times
Step 3:  Score the top to connect the 5 cuts you did on the side of the pomegranate
Step 4: Pull the pomegranate apart into 5 sections and pull the seeds out
Enjoy!!!!

I like to put the seeds in the fridge for a few hours and eat cold! So yummy.
This was my first pomegranate of the season. I will be enjoying many more this season!!!!

1 comment:

bosu said...

This is good to know...didn't know what you ate on these things! Thought of you today wheni saw them at publix!