Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dust Bowl, Tulsa OK

While Grandma and Grandpa/Pepaw were in town Casey and I had a date night! We went to the Blue Dome district of Downtown Tulsa and went Bowling at the Dust Bowl!
 We had a blast at this retro bowling ally.
 Casey won one game!
And I won one game!
We had to keep track of our own scores! I don't think I have ever bowled without computers. Since neither of us really knew the correct way to keep score, we made up our own rules for strikes and spares.
Thank you Bob and Sue for watching Colton and giving us a night out on the town!




When you Google Dust Bowl, images like this come up. Yikes. I guess in the 1930's this area had horrible dust storms that lasted for 8 years. Severe drought and strong winds created these dust storms. If you have read "Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck, it took place during this time period. Just a little American History for you all.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is a really cool picture!