Thursday, November 3, 2011

Run Run Run....




Apparently I have been going about running all wrong. Who knew you shouldn't wear Cotton socks or pants!?? Not this girl...
And who knew there were so many different types of shoes for running?? Not this girl...
With my first run coming up in less than two weeks (yikes) I decided to get some real running shoes!!! And non-cotton socks (that look and feel just like cotton, strange). I headed to Tulsa Runner and after trying on 15 different pairs, running on a treadmill while my run was video taped from 3 different angles; I walked away with these bad boys!
Brooks PureFlow shoes!! I'll be going for my first run in them tonight. Fingers crossed I can run farther and faster in these bad boys ;)
Oh I was also told not to stretch before a run..WHAT??? I guess just a warm up walk is all that is needed. Stretch after the run. I have so much to learn.
9 Days till my first race!!! GULP!!!

1 comment:

Ashes said...

I trained for my 1st half wearing crappy cotton clothes. Good shoes and clothes make all the difference in the world!