Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bucket List




If I had a bucket list, owning a pair of Birkenstock sandals would be on that list. I'm sure I would have more interesting items on my Bucket List like going to the Great Wall Of China; but I have wanted a pair of Birkenstocks since middle school. However I could not bring myself to pay over $100 for a pair of sandals. That was just not going to happen.... until my trip to Louisville KY!


Zappos.com has their website fulfilment house in Louisville. If you buy a pair of shoes online and they don't fit correctly or you do not like them, you can return them. Zappos opened a retail store to sell all of the returned shoes. I went twice over the two weeks to look for work shoes. On the second trip I found my BIRKENSTOCKS!!! They were originally $108 and I got them for $25!!!




Aren't they pretty! (the shoes, not my toes. I need a pedicure bad!)






I also found a pair of work shoes for super cheap (well under $30).


A girl could get herself in trouble in the store. So many good deals.




I now have one question. How long does it take to break in a pair of Birkenstock shoes? My feet are killing me :(


I have looked on a few websites. Some say the automatically fit, some say it takes a few weeks, and other say they never fit just right. I will let you know that I'm not giving up on breaking in my Birks.


No comments: