Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Date Night- Go Eagles!!


So last night Casey and I had a date night. FGCU's boys basketball team was playing USC Upstate. We decided it would be fun to go to the game. Boy were we wrong!!!!! I have never been so scared for my life at a game. USC Upstate fans are CRAZY and not in a good way. Students were yelling at FGCU's coach and players trying to pick fights. Parents were yelling at FGCU's coach and players. Faculty ( it was faculty night) were also just as bad, if not worse at times. Casey and I were wearing blue in a sea of green.
I have been to plenty of FGCU games while still living in FL. Going to this game made me proud to be an Eagle! USC Upstate fans do not know what the word sportsmanship means!
FGCU lost by a few points. If we had won i don't know if i would have lived to tell you about it. USC Upstate fans are out for blood. I have never seen anything like this in all of my years of basketball watching ( high school, college, and the NBA).
On a positive note- Quarterback Brad Johnson from the Dallas Cowboys was there. We were sitting really close to him, so i was able to get a picture. We thought about asking him to take a picture with us, but decided not to draw any attention to us.

1 comment:

Ashes said...

GO EAGLES! way to represent!