Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday Football and Chili!


Sunday we spent the day watching Football and eating Chili! I made my Nana's (My Great Grandmothers) Famous Chili.
Chili is the best meal for the fall, so i have decided to share with you all my Nana's Famous Chili recipe.
Ingredients:
2 lbs Ground Beef ( i sometimes use a bit more meat)
3 Tablespoons Chile Powder ( i normally use than 3 tablespoons too)
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Onion Chopped
1 Cup Water
1 Bay Leaf
2 Cans (15oz) tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 ( 1 lbs) cans of Kidney beans undrained
- Brown the meat; drain
- in a pot or crock pot combine meat, chili powder, salt, sugar, onion, tomato sauce, water, and bay leaf and let simmer
- in a separate pot combine oil, flour and beans- cook on medium heat till beans are hot
- Add beans to meat mixture and cook for at least one hour
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOOOW.. I'll have to convince brittany to make that!